New Zealand – Visa / PR / Citizenship

MK Overseas Migration, assist you with all aspects of New Zealand immigration

Getting a visa to live and work in New Zealand is not simple process and it is too complex in procedure to understand and compliance with the governing immigration laws, but

Do not worry!!!


Permanent Visa

Here are the visa options if you want to live in New Zealand permanently, and your visa application will be based on your occupation or skills.

Skilled Migrant Category

This visa options is for people who have the skills, qualifications and experience New Zealand needs.

Work to Residence - for people who:

  • are qualified in occupations that are in demand in New Zealand, or
  • have a job offer from an accredited employer, or
  • have exceptional talent in sports or the arts.

This option allows you to apply for a temporary work visa as a step towards gaining permanent residence.

Residence from Work - for people who are already in New Zealand on a Work to Residence visa, and want to apply for residence.

Work Visa
Work temporarily in New Zealand

Temporary work visas - for people who:

  • have a job offer from a New Zealand employer
  • are skilled in occupations that are in demand
  • are coming here for a particular purpose or event
  • want to gain work experience or work after studying in New Zealand
  • are a students and who want to work
  • want to join a partner here and work.

Requirements for all temporary work visa applicants

There are a number of requirements that all applicants need to meet for a temporary work visa.

Requirements for different categories - Meeting the requirements for all applicants, you must meet the requirements of the category under which you are applying for a temporary work visa.

Granting temporary work visas under several different categories, which have different requirements. Which category you can apply under depends on your circumstances.

To enter New Zealand you must:

  • be in good health and of good character, and
  • have a passport that is valid for at least three months past the date you are to leave New Zealand, and
  • be genuine in wanting to work in New Zealand, and
  • have the right visa for your visit.

If you are granted a temporary work visa you need to meet certain conditions during your stay:

  • the work you do must be in line with the conditions specified in your visa
  • you must keep within New Zealand’s laws
  • you must only stay in New Zealand for the time allowed by your visa.

If you want to study or train while holding a temporary work visa?

All temporary visa holders may study for:

  • up to three months per visa or
  • three months in every 12-month period if the visa is granted for multiple years. You won’t need to apply for a student visa or variation of conditions.

Please Note: If you’re in New Zealand on a work visa and you want to study full time for longer than three months, you need to apply for a student visa. But if you want to study part time for longer than three months, you can apply for a variation of conditions to your current visa.

Business Visa

New Zealand’s business migration categories are designed to contribute to economic growth, attracting ‘smart’ capital and business expertise to New Zealand, and enabling experienced business people to buy or establish businesses in New Zealand.


People wishing to invest funds in a business and live in New Zealand can apply for residence under our Investor/Investor Plus categories, or apply for a visitor visa valid for up to two years under our Temporary Retirement Category.


Experienced business people wishing to purchase or establish a business in New Zealand can apply for a work visa under our Long Term Business Visa Category and then apply for residence under the Entrepreneur/Entrepreneur Plus categories.

Employees of a relocating business

This category facilitates the granting of residence to employees of businesses relocating to New Zealand, who do not qualify for residence under any existing categories.

Student Visa

Studying in New Zealand
If you want to in New Zealand at school or tertiary level, you may need a student visa but there are few study for more than three months exemptions for citizen or PR holder of Australia.

Family Visa

Family residence

A family member who is already a New Zealand citizen or resident can sponsor you to come to New Zealand if you are their:

  • Partner – you are the husband, wife, defacto or civil union partner of a New Zealand citizen or resident.
  • Dependent child – you are a dependent child with a parent who is a New Zealand citizen or resident.
  • Parent – you have a child who is a New Zealand citizen or resident.

Family temporary entry

If you intend to stay temporarily with your family member who is a New Zealand citizen or resident, the kind of visa you need depends on what you want to do when you’re New Zealand.

Types of visa allowed are

  • Visit/holiday – (many categories available)
  • Work – for partners of New Zealand residents and/or citizens category.
  • Study – for partners and children of New Zealand residents and/or citizens category.
Visit Visa

You may need to apply for a visitor visa if you intend to stay temporarily in New Zealand, but you don't intend to study or work.

If your home country is on the visa-waiver list, you can enter New Zealand without a visa, depending on how long you want to stay. However, they are still required to provide:

  • travel tickets or evidence of onward travel arrangements, and
  • evidence of funds for maintenance

If you are not from a visa-waiver country you will need a visa.

Other Category Visa

If you would like to visit, live or study, temporarily work during your holidays in New Zealand for a period of time, you may also apply for a different categories of temporary visa to stay in New Zealand.

© MK Consultancy Services Pte Ltd. All Rights Reserved.