The Red Seal Trades program is a pathway for skilled trade workers, technicians, supervisors, managers, engineers*, and firm owners to achieve Permanent Residency (PR) status in Canada. This program allows for you to demonstrate your technical knowledge and convert it into work and Permanent Residency in Canada. This process involves your past technical hands-on experiences being reviewed and put to an exam, before receiving the nationally recognized title of journeyman.
To help assist our clients we offer guidance and support to maximize success. All clients wishing to achieve a red seal qualification, or a certificate of qualification will be taught how to prepare and given practice materials. These materials include mock test, trade guide books and other prep work that will help a candidate succeed.
• A Minimum International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of Speaking: 5, Reading: 3.5, Writing: 4 and Listening: 5. However higher scores are encouraged.
• At least two years of full-time experience in a skilled trade. This includes experience for technicians, supervisors, managers, engineers* or firm owners, within the last five years.
• At least two years of Past technical hands-on experiences
The Red Seal or Provincial Qualification Exam
Obtaining a red seal qualification allows a worker to obtain a good-paying job anywhere in Canada. In order to achieve this, a worker must pass the Red Seal Qualification Exam. The Exam follows the format listed below:
• There are 100 to 150 questions per exam, depending on the specific trade.
• All questions are multiple-choice A, B, C and D or True – False (Some trades also require a practical).
• The exam questions your specific trade knowledge in your discipline.
• The maximum time allowed for writing is 4 hours.
• The pass mark is 70 Percent.
Please Note that obtaining a Canadian Tourist Visa is necessary to write this exam. Listed below are some of the options for receiving a Tourist Visa.
1. Citizens of Singapore, SPR, E-Pass and some S-pass holders are able to self-sponsor their own applications and can get a Canadian Tourist Visa easily.
2. Citizens of Canada, Canadian PRs or Other Citizens with a high Profile can sponsor your application which can also increase your chances of a visa approval.
If you are interested in finding out more about Canadian immigration, then please book a free consultation with one of our consultants today.